One of 852 "igloos" at the Bluegrass Army Depot, 45 of which are dedicated to chemical weapons.
Credit Chemical Stockpile Emergency Preparedness Program
Listen to today's show online.
Beginning in the 1940's the U.S. Army stored chemical weapons at the Bluegrass Army Depot near Richmond. At the order of Congress and in compliance with the international Chemical Weapons Convention, the materials at the site are slated for destruction.