Republican Senators Name New Committee Chairs
The Republican state Senate has completed it's shake-up, after announcing new committee chairs today. With multiple chairmen retiring and others promoted into leadership, the caucus had many roles to fill, including that of chairmen for Education, Judiciary, Agriculture and Natural Resources.
And in another move, the caucus named State Senator David Givens as c0-chair to the budget committee, with Senator Bob Leeper.
Incoming freshman Senator Whitney Westerfield is the new judiciary chairman. The full list of Republican chairs are below, with * by new chairs.
- Agriculture *Sen. Paul Hornback
- Appropriations & Revenue Sen. Bob Leeper/ *David Givens, vice chair
- Banking & Insurance Sen. Tom Buford
- Economic Development, Tourism, & Labor Sen. Alice Forgy Kerr
- Education * Sen. David Wilson
- Health & Welfare Sen. Julie Denton
- Judiciary * Sen. Whitney Westerfield
- Licensing, Occupations & Administrative Regulations Sen. John Schickel
- Natural Resources & Energy * Sen. Jared Carpenter
- State & Local Government * Sen. Joe Bowen
- Transportation Sen. Ernie Harris
- Veterans, Military Affairs, & Public Protection *Sen. Jimmy Higdon
- Administrative Regulation Review Subcommittee Bowen
- Capital Planning Advisory Board * Sen. Stan Humphries
- Capital Projects and Bond Oversight * Sen. Chris Girdler
- Education Assessment & Accountability Review Sen. Wilson
- Government Contract Review *Sen. Sara Beth Gregory
- Medicaid Oversight & Advisory Sen. Givens
- Program Review & Investigations *Sen. Chris McDaniel
- Tobacco Settlement Agreement Fund Oversight Sen. Hornback