Most Active Stories
Health and Welfare
Energy Drinks Blamed after Students Hospitalized
Two Lincoln County Middle School students were taken to the hospital Wednesday after consuming energy drinks during a field trip to Eastern Kentucky University. Principal Debbie Sims said during a 300-student excursion to the university in Richmond for a live dance performance, some students began purchasing energy drinks from a store in the main EKU food court. Sims said one student asked a teacher if he could purchase an energy drink and was given permission. After that, students began making a "big deal" about energy drinks and purchasing them in larger numbers.