Health and Welfare
Couple Files Lawsuit Against Kraft
A McCreary County couple have filed a $6.5 million lawsuit against Kraft Foods alleging the husband sustained a perforated bowel and peritonitis from a piece of metal he ingested when he ate microwavable Velveeta Shells & Cheese. Leamon Perkins of Pine Knot underwent surgery Sept. 29, one day before Kraft Foods Global recalled the microwavable dish, according to the complaint in U.S. District Court in London filed Jan. 11. The voluntary recall was due to the possible presence of small, thin pieces of wire bristle, according to Kraft officials.