Most Active Stories
$41 Million Awarded for Road Maintenance
FRANKFORT – The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet has awarded nearly $41 million in contracts for projects to repave, rehabilitate and repair roads across the state. Most are for state routes, but they include repairs for interstate highways in Jefferson, Carroll, Gallatin and Livingston counties.
“Maintenance and repair of roadways is a major part of our cabinet’s business,” Transportation Secretary Mike Hancock said in a news release. “It’s an essential part of our mission to provide a safe, modern transportation system.”
The largest single project in the cabinet’s September letting was $11,661,254 for resurfacing and the installation of guardrails on a roughly 15-mile section of Interstate 71 in Gallatin and Carroll counties. The project area, west to east, is from the Carroll-Trimble county line near the 39 mile marker to the beginning of the three-lane section near the 56.7 mile marker in Gallatin County. Ohio Valley Asphalt LLC was awarded the contract. The project is to be completed by June 30, 2013.
An $8,160,000 project in Jefferson County will repair and smooth pavement on a two-mile stretch on the Watterson Expressway (I-264) from mile point 18.41 to mile point 20.7. The project, which is scheduled to be completed by July 31, 2013, was awarded to Hall Contracting of Kentucky Inc.
A project in Daviess County will rehabilitate concrete pavement and bridge deck overlays on the Audubon Parkway. The contract, which is scheduled to be completed by Sept. 1, 2013, was awarded to Chester Bross Construction Co. for $6,171,488.
Another expansive pavement rehabilitation project will take place on the Western Kentucky Parkway in Grayson County. It will be focused on a four-mile stretch from approximately mile point 91 to mile point 95. The project, which is scheduled to be completed by July 13, 2013, was awarded to Scotty’s Contracting and Stone LLC for $2,958,213.
A project in Livingston County will involve milling and thinning asphalt on a three-mile section of I-24 from mile point 30.5 to mile point 33.5. The project, which was awarded to Jim Smith Contracting Company LLC for $3,147,458, is scheduled to be completed by June 30, 2013.
Other paving projects awarded include:
• Barren County – $22,853 for Coral Hill Road (KY 740) from Beaver Creek Bridge extending north to Beaver Creek Bridge. Contractor: NWK Construction Inc.
• Bell County – $53,716 for a section of White Mountain Road (KY 2133). Contractor: Kay & Kay Contracting LLC.
• Bourbon County – $266,340 for Millersburg-Cynthiana Road (KY 32) from the Harrison County line to the west end of Hooktown Branch Bridge. Contractor: Hinkle Contracting Company LLC.
• Bracken County – $183,866 for sections of KY 165 and KY 2902. Contractor: Mago Construction Company LLC.
• Butler/Logan counties – $160,287 for sections of KY 1466 in Logan County and KY 3545 in Butler County. Contractor: Scotty’s Contracting and Stone LLC.
• Caldwell County – $144,815 for sections of KY 1451 and KY 1272. Contractor: Rogers Group Inc.
• Carroll County – $303,420 for sections of KY 227 and KY 320. Contractor: Ohio Valley Asphalt LLC.
• Carroll County – $218,757 for Campbellsburg Road (KY 55) from the Trimble County line to Vories Road. Contractor: Ohio Valley Asphalt LLC.
• Christian County – $64,626 for Howard Dickerson Road (KY 1453) from 1.7 miles north of KY 1881 to 0.4 miles south of Anderson Road. Contractor: Rogers Group Inc.
• Daviess-Ohio counties – $60,868 for sections of KY 2122 in Daviess County and KY 6118 in Ohio County. Contractor: Scotty’s Contracting and Stone LLC.
• Edmonson County – $580,909 for various routes. Contractor: Scotty’s Contracting and Stone LLC.
• Fleming County – $369,267 for section of Elizaville Road-East Water Street (KY 32X). Also reconstruction of drop box inlets. Contractor: H.G. Mays Corp.
• Floyd County – $453,398 for Mud Creek Road (KY 979) from KY 3380 to Mud Creek Bridge. Contractor: Mountain Enterprises Inc.
• Hardin/Meade counties – $482,931.57 for a section of Dixie Highway (U.S. 31W) in Hardin and Meade counties. Contractor: NH Stone Inc.
• Jessamine County – $34,707 for Logana Road (KY1981) from 0.7 miles north of KY 1541 to just south of Bethany Road. Contractor: Bourne-Clark Construction LLC.
• Johnson County – $48,990 for a section of Paintsville-Salyersville Road (KY 40) east of KY 172. Contractor: Hinkle Contracting Company LLC.
• LaRue County – $200,082 for a section of Lyons Station Road (KY 52) near the Nelson County line. Contractor: Scotty’s Contracting and Stone LLC.
• Letcher County – $175,990 for Jenkins Road (KY 3086) from U.S. 23 to KY 805. Contractor: Mountain Enterprises Inc.
• Logan County – $771,671 for Bowling Green Road (U.S. 68) from Landrum Road to the Warren County line. Contractor: Scotty’s Contracting and Stone LLC.
• Marion County – $168,123 for a section of KY 49. Contractor: Nally & Haydon Surfacing LLC.
• Marion County – $15,574 for a section of St. Francis Road (KY 527) about 0.5 miles north of KY 52. Contractor: George B. Stone Company LLC.
• Marshall County – $652,544 for Benton-Murray Road (U.S. 641) from about 0.7 miles south of the entrance to South Marshall School north to 0.3 miles south of U.S. 641S. Contractor: Jim Smith Contracting Company LLC.
• Mason County – $90,520 for Leaf Road (KY 1448) from KY 11 to KY 9. Contractor: Eaton Asphalt Paving Co.
• McCracken County – $1,080,726 for sections of U.S. 45 and U.S. 62. Contractor: Chester Bross Construction Co.
• McLean County – $188,157 for Ivan Brown Road (KY 891) from KY 85 to KY 138. Contractor: Road Builders LLC.
• Nelson/Washington counties – $940,041.83 for a section of U.S. 150 near the Washington-Nelson County line. Contractor: Nally & Haydon Surfacing LLC.
• Nicholas County – $141,464 for a section of Old Paris Road (KY 32) from U.S. 68 to KY 36. Contractor: Eaton Asphalt Paving Co.
• Oldham County – $27,231 for Abbott Lane (KY 2858) from Abbott Grove Place north to Abbott Grove Drive. Contractor: George B. Stone Company LLC.
• Owen County – $258,393 for a section of Sparta Road (KY 35) from U.S. 127 to the south end of Eagle Creek Bridge. Contractor: Mago Construction Company LLC.
• Taylor County – $154,635 for a section of Knifley Road (KY 76) from KY 1752 to KY 70. Contractor: Nally and Haydon Surfacing LLC
• Trigg County – $485,455 for various routes. Contractor: Rogers Group Inc.